REACH SanGala – Sponsorship!
Hope for Ugandan Children
REACH for Uganda
5th Annual Gala & Auction
Friday, October 28, 2011
7:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Key Bridge Marriott, Capitol View Ballroom
1401 Lee Highway
Arlington, Virginia 22209
In Uganda, government operated schools – especially in rural areas, which comprise 80% of the country – are severely overcrowded and lack basic resources. In these areas, fewer than 14% of children advance to secondary school. REACH for Uganda (REACH), a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit, is dedicated to helping rural Ugandan children reach their full potential by providing them the tools they need to learn and excel. REACH, recognized by USAID for its highly successful and model approach to education, is building a strong foundation of hope for a better future – not only for these children, their villages, and their country, but also for our world. REACH’s 5th Annual REACH Gala and Auction is our biggest fundraising event of the year. With over 4,000 REACH supporters, primarily in the Washington, DC Metro area, this event has grown significantly. We invite you to join us a sponsor of the Gala on Friday, October 28, 2011. With your support, you will help sustain REACH’s:
- Primary school and its 350 students in Bumwalukani, which has seen 100% of students qualify for secondary school with scores far surpassing the national average;
- Secondary Scholarship Program, which enables more than 200 girls and boys to continue their education;
- Two health clinics in Bumwalukani and Bupoto that serve more than 30,000 people annually in remote areas;
- Community Outreach Program, which provides training for nearby public school teachers and basic resources, such as pencils and books, for the students; and
- Library/Learning Center – the only such facility in the region – which is open to REACH students, as well as students and teachers from nearby public schools and their communities.
Your support is critical to the continued success of REACH’s model programs in rural Uganda and we are committed to providing you the outstanding recognition you deserve as a sponsor. REACH Gala Publicity: The Gala will be promoted on the REACH website and in REACH mailings and e-mails to more than 4,000 supporters. In addition, the event will be publicized in local media outlets and in fliers/posters distributed to community facilities and businesses in the DC Metro area.Sponsorship Levels & Benefits: Gala sponsorship provides our corporate, business and individual sponsors an opportunity to directly help thousands of eager-to-learn children make their communities and our world a better place. Levels and other benefits include:
- Complete and sign the attached form.
- Submit your sponsorship donation by October 12, 2011.
- Provide, via e-mail, a digital file of your ad or business card to Dan Gardner at: firstname.lastname@example.org. (All ads print in black and white.)
- If you wish for the gala committee to create your greeting, please provide your text on the reverse side of the attached sponsorship form.
- Send your completed form and donation to: REACH for Uganda,
P.O. Box 7694, Arlington, VA 22207. Gala Sponsorship Application